Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:20:19 -0700
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ports Options Paper

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 05:53:22PM -0500, Steve Price wrote:
> If done properly these would all just be a directory and a
> Makefile with all the work being done in the master port.

Given that the slave makefile will normally only have WITH_FOO=yes and
then include the master Makefile, what about having this in
bsd.port.subdir.mk?  I'll see if I can come up with a patch which would allow:

SUBDIR+="postfix -DWITH_MYSQL"

which would translate to "cd postfix && make -DWITH_MYSQL"

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/