Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 09:20:48 -0600
From:      Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New Install Questions

I have just installed FreeBSD 4.4-Release and have come across a few
diferences compared to Linux systems I have set up.

1.)
How do you disable rebooting the systems with Ctr-Alt-Del sequence from
the console? (aka Redmond shuffle ;-))  The fresh installation allows
anybody do a reboot with this key sequence.  I want to disable it
pronto.
Also, is there an equivalent of shutdown.allow/deny?

2.)
This is highly subjective, but what are some generally accepted
partitioning schemes for a general purpose Web and Mail server?  I'm
mostly concerned with the sizing of /var and I would like to keep the
variable data on it's own partition.
I have 18GB to slice to start, and the bulk of the data will be
databases, html-docs, mail and logs.

3.)
What happened to the "free" command?  I use "free" all the time in
Linux, what is the equivalent in FreeBSD (besides vmstat)?

4.
Does 4.4-RELEASE include dirprefs enhancement?

5. Should I consider Soft Updates for my production system?

Thanks,