Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:28:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Technical Director <trodat@server1.ultratrends.com>
To:        Drumslayer <drumslayer2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MySql Load balancing Solutions?

Drumslayer,

>  The only problem with this is that 4.1 is stil
> considered Beta ("not yet ready for production"). I
> see little chance in convincing managment to utilize
> something beta for something so important.  :(

Forgive me for being possibly naive but from what I understand 4.1.X moved
off of beta into Generally Available with a "This is the current generally
available (GA) release of the MySQL database server. It is recommended for
most users." [ http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html ] Not
necessarily saying it's bomb proof but I don't know if they classify it
as beta anymore.

As well if it means anything to you we would never have moved our
'crticial' services to 4.1.X from 4.0.XX if we didn't believe it was
ready. Our wait time was seemingly forever but appears to have paid off
with the stability and strength of the system.

My 2 cents.

Rob.