Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Dem0n <blovett@darkstar.sandi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VMWare under FreeBSD 3.2-stable using Linux Emulation

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Dem0n wrote:

> I have been trying for the past 2 weeks trying to get vmware working under
> FreeBSD 3.2-stable with linux emulation..  but so far, nothing has
> worked..  If anybody has gotten it working, please reply with how you got
> it working.. thank you

	From what I understand, vmware makes direct calls/access/something
to the linux kernel, so it's not a candidate for emulation. Also, I
contacted them and asked about a freebsd version but they said they have
no plans for it currently. If you are now, or would be willing to be a
paying customer I encourage you to write them and request a freebsd
version. That way they know they have a market.

Good luck,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter