Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:32:38 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re Ports & Ymessenger

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 03:59:41PM -0600, MIKE wrote:
> Fire up KDE.  Create an icon for /usr/local/bin/ymessenger or just use=20
> the Run... dialog.
>=20
>  so, here's where I am stuck. How do I start the program.=20

It's a common question for folks new to Unix.  Yes, you've been spoiled
by MS. :)

Seriously, it can be called by simply typing the command

ymessenger

That will start it.

HTH
I hate to think that=20
> Microshaft has spoiled me, like,  where is the icon?. Not funny. but how =
do I=20
> start the program? what if I want to run it from xwindows or run from KDE=
3.=20
> Can someone point me in the right direction and also tell me what to do t=
o=20
> start the program. I will learn, but I guess I am just a little dense=20
> sometimes. Thanks in advance. Has anyody else ever been here?
>=20
> Mike
>=20
>=20

--=20

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

 Cordelia: What's going on? Oh god, is the world ending? I have to
research a paper on Bosnia for tomorrow, but if the world's ending,
I'm not gonna bother.

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP--