Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2007 21:13:39 -0600
From:      Joe Vender <jvender@owensboro.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.2 & HAL

Does the KDE version (3.5.4) that is installed from the packages list on the
FreeBSD 6.2 installation CD include support for HAL? I installed KDE from the
CD set and I've included the options in rc.conf to enable dbus, polkitd and
hald and the daemons start during bootup according to the messages, but when
I open the Advanced tab under Storage Media in the KDE control center, two of
the options are grayed out and not selectable. They are:
"Enable HAL backend (no support for HAL on this system)"
"Enable CD polling (no support for CD polling on this system)"

What must I do to get them enabled?

Thanks
Joe