Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:01:47 +0200 (EET)
From:      Grigorakakis Stavros <sgrig@cc.uoa.gr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help someone please

Dear enayone that can help,
I am a fanatic BSD user dating backto 2.2.5 release.Up to now I have
installed and worked with 8 FreeBSD machines and admired its stability
under tremendous abuse of resources.

BUT now I have a big problem!

My current system is a  (uname -a)

FreeBSD RealAvenger 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Mar 20
22:50:22 GMT
2000     root@monster.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
(I could send you a boot log showing excact setup)

running on a PIII at 733Mhz with 128MB on a 100mps ethernet LAN
and my problem is the nasty habit of the system to suddently reboot when
not in use leaving file systems not clean.
I must point out that i am an experienced IT and that i have searched
thoroughly every possibility of motherboard-processor combination- RAM
speeds supply lines etc.

The system has never rebooted when i am on it using  or even abusing
it!!!!
It just reboots every 3 or 4 days always when noone is using it.!
Logs report nothing. just the booting process.
It leaves no trace.. Just reboots even in console mode(not X)
I am desperate . anyone having any ideas?
FreeBSD 4.0 had any instability problems that i havent seen on the
internet?

I appreciate your time spent!! even reading this mail

thank you in advance

Stavros Grigorakakis