Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:02:31 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        dacole@netcom.ca, Studded@dal.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: booting with verbosity by default?

>> I would like to force my systems to always boot with '-v'..  Is there
>> any way to do this without operator intervention?
>
>echo -v > /boot.config

You also have to fix the boot code to not gratuitously ignore -v.

>'man boot' for more info.

     "You may put a BIOS drive number, a controller type, a unit number, a par-
     tition, a kernel file name and the -b, -D, -h or -P options in
     /boot.config to set defaults..."

No mention of -v.  -b and -P in also cleared early, but -b sort of works
because turning it off doesn't work, and -P works because it is processed
even earlier.

Bruce