Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:52:40 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, scottl@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>, Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: fs/udf: vm pages "overlap" while reading  large dir [patch]

on 04/02/2008 20:36 Julian Elischer said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> More on the problem with reading big directories on UDF.
>
> You do realise that you have now made yourself the official
> maintainer of the UDF file system by submitting a competent
> and insightful analysis of the problem?

I feel like I have to reply to this :-)
First of all, thank you. But unfortunately my knowledge of core kernel
is quite limited, I pick up some bits here and there by reading the
code, but this is too little and sometimes my deductions are wrong.
Another thing is very limited time.

I do like fixing code, but I rarely have time and when I have it must be
something very interesting and important to me.

This time it is interesting :-) Because I actually use UDF quite a lot,
I use DVD-RAM media for various archival and data transfer purposes, and
sometimes there is some unusual case. I also try to keep up with FreeBSD
development as much as possible, so sometimes there are new issues after
upgrades.

So, thank you again, but please think of me as of occasional patch
submitter.

--
Andriy Gapon