Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:40:17 -0800
From:      "Justin C. Walker" <justin@apple.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about netmask retrieval

> From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
> Date: 1999-11-14 19:35:43 -0800
> To: justin@apple.com
> Subject: Question about netmask retrieval
> Cc: freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> <<On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 14:49:39 -0800, "Justin C. Walker"
<justin@apple.com>
> said:
>
> > Bug?  Feature?  I know there are alternative ways to do this, but
> > I'm curious about the reason for this behavior.
>
> I'd call it a misbug.  It's probably a bug, but anything that stops
> people from using the dain-bramaged old interface is a feature.  Use
> sysctl or PF_ROUTE, as appropriate.

Thanks; I'd forgotten about the brain damage.

Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large *
Institute for General Semantics       |
Manager, CoreOS Networking            | When crypto is outlawed,
Apple Computer, Inc.                  | Only outlaws will have crypto.
2 Infinite Loop                       |
Cupertino, CA 95014                   |