Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:47:42 -0500
From:      Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getting libexec error message

Greetings, I have several servers running FreeBSD 4.7 and 4.8.
All are also running Lone-Tar for FreeBSD as the backup software.
Today, I updated one of the machines from 4.7 to 4.8, and now for
some reason, I'm getting the following error message when trying to
run Lone-Tar.

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 /usr/lib/libcam.so.2 undefined symbol "__stdoutp"

Now in the past when I had this particular error message (or a similar one),
I simply installed the compatibility libraries from the 4.7 or 4.8 CD.
And all started working just fine.   This time that wasn't the case.

Last week, I updated 2 other servers from 4.7 to 4.8
and Lone-tar works fine on both of those machines.

I'm stumped as to what would have caused this particular
update to fail.

Peter Elsner

Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)
1835 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
(972) 263-2080 - Voice
(972) 263-2082 - Fax