Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:44:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        Michael Craig Davidson <mcdavids@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin.cc

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Michael Craig Davidson wrote:

> Hey guys,
>     Great operating system but on my older laptop I am forced to perform a
> floppy install.  I get all the way to loading bin.cc and my computer says
> that there is a write error (-1).  I have tried reformatting the disk and
> downloading the file again but to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Is that
> file corrupt?  Thanx.

Do you mean to say that you get a write error when writing bin.cc to the
floppy, or you get a write error when sysinstall is installing bin.cc?

If it is the former, try a different disk (or remove the write protection
and try try again :-)  Disks have a tendency to wear out over time, and
you may have found a bad one.

If you are referring to the latter (i.e., the files appeared to copy fine
to disks but you can't install from the boot floppy), check the integrity
of your hard disk on your laptop, and ensure that you have enough free
space to complete the install.

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>	50% Owner, Sysadmin
  SaskNow Technologies     		http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   		Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2