Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:29:55 -0600
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: pnp/pcm0 with an ESS1868 on current. - Correction]

Edwin Culp wrote:

My first post was with an old mail config and has the wrong address,
hopefully it won't make it to the list.

> Subject: pnp/pcm0 with an ESS1868 on current.
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:07:38 -0600
> From: Edwin Culp <eculp@mexcom.net>
> To: FreeBSD-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG

I'm running current from last night and with the new
snd drivers.  I made world and recompiled my kernel
with:
  controller      pnp0

  device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 7 drq 1 vector pcmintr

Which is what I understood from the README in the snd
directory.

Compiled fine, used the -c option and with an ls at the prompt it found:

   pcm0     0xffffffff 7   1    0    0    0    0   Yes  No

The "no" on this line bothers me.

When I brought up the system I got these messages en my dmesg:

Probing for PnP devices:
   CSN 1 Vendor ID: ESS1868 [0x68187316] Serial 0xffffffff
   This is an ESS1868, but LDN 1 is disabled

The disabled, I assume is wrong?
 Further down:

   pcm0 not found

The pcm1 that I expected to see, didn't show :-(

I rebooted and tried, as in the pnp manual, at the -c prompt
   pnp 1 1 enable
but the end results were the same.

I have been trying for several days to bring this card up so
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

ed