Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:40:41 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Lanny Baron <lnb@heretic.cybertouch.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to get in via ssh to hosts behind firewall running natd

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 07:19:56PM -0400, Lanny Baron wrote:
> Hello,
> Can someone please tell me how to set up natd in order that I can ssh to
> one of my boxes that is behind an (open) firewall that has boxes running
> with 192.168 IP's

If it's an "open" firewall, it's not really a firewall, is it? But
anyway...

You can do it by adding arguments to natd(8) through rc.conf,

  natd_flags="-redirect_port 192.168.a.b:22 20001"

Or by putting the same information in a natd.conf file. Now, to reach
that machine via ssh you can,

  % ssh -p 20001 firewall

But be careful if you also ssh to firewall. The two different host
keys to what looks to ssh like one host can cause trouble. Nothing a
creative .ssh/config won't fix nicely however.
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com