Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@snafu.adept.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy site

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Mike Hoskins wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>
> > Uhh, I don't see how integrating the advocacy site with the freebsd.org
> > site will reduce the amount of effort needed to get it up to speed.  It'll
> > just shove the energy required around so that more of the burden is put on
> > the committers.
>
> Give the people who were in charge of advocacy charge over a CVS repo for
> the relevant pages under the main site, and let them manage it, with us
> send-pr'ing to them any ideas we have...  Would that work?

And then you end up with two entirely separate repositories and entirely
separate groups.  I think that while WC has the most money and other
resources to throw at advocacy, out of the major FreeBSD supporters, it
would be nice to see an advocacy site as a separate entity.

This way one could go "Oh look at Windows, and all the Microsoft created
advocacy" and "Look at FreeBSD, the (non coding) users love it enough to
spread the word".  And it pisses off core just a little less ;O

- alex