Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:31:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        bright@rush.net (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com, rb@gid.co.uk, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alright, who's the smart alleck that fixed NFS this last week? :) , WAS: Re: solid NFS patch #6 avail for -current - need tester

> yeah the clocks are not setup properly :) but otherwise i'm just
> gonna say HOLY SH*T you fixed NFS! :)

We all owe Matt big for this. :)

> I'm using the default mount operations, as far as NFS server
> not responding messages, i have no clue, but the server is still
> up and i've seen that message happen when a lot of pressure is
> being put on an NFS server even though everything is fine.

Try mounting with -d... Can I make a guess that the NFS mount is going over
100MB ethernet? I have a strong theory that the dynamic retransmit timer
needs rework for low latency connections, with high variability in their
performance during high traffic. (lots of collisions)

Kevin