Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:29:36 -0500
From:      Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring 'RUN_DEPENDS'

--Sig_/LJy1IVFI7dTk10jiO1pl0o9

A port I am creating has a RUN_DEPENDS of either 'curl' or 'wget'. I
have tried several times to write some sort of test in the make file to
determine if one or the other were installed, and if neither then to
install 'curl'. I suppose I could create an OPTIONS to install one or
the other; however, I have not gotten that to work correctly either.

I looked at Postfix's Makefile, and got a few ideas from it; however,
not enough to get what I want to work.

The port will also require Clamav, either the standard port or the
devel one. Therefore I have two run dependencies to adjust. Use the one
available or install one if neither is all ready installed.

I tried Googling and the Porters Handbook, but I cannot find what I am
looking for. Is it possible? I assume it must be. A regular 'if' or
'case' statement I would normally use does not work in a make file.

--=20
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com

Gratitude, like love, is never a dependable international emotion.

	Joseph Alsop