Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:01:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      heistand@heistand.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems after upgrade to 4.3-stable with routes

Hi folks,

I updated my /usr/src/ this morning and rebuilt everything and now I have
some routing issues.  My previous update was about 2 months ago or so.
I have had some problems with routing before in that on bootup there was
always a route in the table of:
63                 link#1             UC          3        0     fxp0 =>

which would cause problems when trying to go to any other hosts on the
63. network.  I am on this network myownself.  Before I would always
just delete this entry and all would be good.

Now if I delete this route I cant even get to any of the 63. hosts
anymore at all.  Which is not good as my dsl modem is my way out
to the world and its a 63. IP number.

Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks

steve