Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 2020 15:47:08 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fetch is tarpitted by Texas Instruments and/or Akamai and can not download distfiles for TI-related ports.

Hi!

>  I don't know, is it generic for Akamai or TI-specific.
>
>  I think, somebody with official hat (FreeBSD Foundation speakperson?)
> should contact TI and Akamai about this situation. Faking User-Agent
> could be only temporary solution!

I've opened a case with ti.com, CS0177749.

I guess this will take some time to resolve. Someone from akamai
suggests that it might be some mis-selected option selected
for the CDN from akamai and that TI should get in touch with
the akamai support to get it sorted.

Let's see the efficiency of the free markets at work 8-)

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?