Date:      13 Aug 2001 14:44:37 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <tg@melaten.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/mail/gnumail Makefile distinfo pkg-plist ports/mail/gnumail/files patch-..:Headers:AddressBookController.h patch-..:Headers:EditWindowController.h patch-..:Headers:MailboxManagerController.h patch-..:Headers:NewAddressPanelController.h

Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net> writes:

> On Thu, 09 Aug 2001 04:06:25 MST, Thomas Gellekum wrote:
>
> >   Modified files:
> >     mail/gnumail         Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
> >   Added files:
> >     mail/gnumail/files   patch-..:Headers:AddressBookController.h
>
> What's going on with these patch names?  Have you seen the way patch
> names are normally constructed?

Define `normal'. Last time we had this discussion there was no
definite conclusion and I've been using these names for months now. I
prefer some information in the filename, so I'm using `patch-<the file
to patch with / replaced by :>'. I can also imagine using something
like e. g.  `patch-os.statvfs' for a patch set (diffs to several
files) that adds os.statvfs support to Python. I never really liked
the old `patch-[a-z][a-z]', it's not intuitive.

tg