Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 01:27:22 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Jamie Jones <jamie@bishopston.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Power to Serve England

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 01:14:05AM +0100, Jamie Jones wrote:

> > Having actually visited the URL in the original post I find:
> >
> >        There are MANY news hierarchies related to this part of the
> >        world including, but not limited to:
> >
> >         uk.*
> >         scot.*
> >         wales.*
> >         ie.* (Ireland)
> >         ni.* (Northern Ireland)
> >         south-wales.*
> >
> > 	england.* is the newest hierarchy to join the fold.
> >
> > So perhaps I should be asking "What are so special about the scot.*
> > and wales.* groups, as to not include we English"
> >
> > [ducks and runs] :)
>
> After my post, I noticed those too.. I didn't know all those existed..
> Damn, I hoped you wouldn't see them :-)
>
> If they contains things more "generic" than:
>
> wales.sheep-shagging

ROFL.

I can relate to that. After all, I was dancing with a blow-up sheep in
the pub last night :-/

> wales.mining
> wales.valleychoirs
> wales.funny-languages-with-loads-of-vowels.gogogoch

Yes, I can pronounce
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwilllantysiliogoggoch

(why does ispell(1) show that as an unknown word?)

> wales.taffy-ate-my-leek
> scot.haggis
> scot.caber-tossing
>
> etc., then I'd have to agree with you!
>
> :-)
>
> Cheers, Jamie

        Want a lean, mean, computing machine?
	Get rid of that excess FAT - install FreeBSD