Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:19:40 +0200
From:      Alex Kiesel <alex.kiesel@document-root.de>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@si.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        n9ubh@callsign.net, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: nagios and netsaint-plugins

On Jun 23, 2002, Blaz Zupan wrote:
> > 1. Compile time errors:
> >
> > 	===>  Building for netsaint-plugins-1.2.9.4
> > 	cd . && /usr/local/bin/aclocal
> > 	cd . && /usr/local/bin/automake --gnu --include-deps Makefile
> > 	automake: configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
> > 	gmake: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
> > 	*** Error code 2
> >
> > 	Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint-plugins.
> > 	*** Error code 1
> >
> > 	Stop in /usr/ports/net/netsaint-plugins.
> >
> > ...remaking the port a second time continues on, starting with autoconf.
>
> Your automake and autoconf are too old. Upgrade them and the plugins should
> compile fine.

Another possible reason is that you've got both automake14 and
automake1.5 installed. I could resolve the problem by pkg_delete'ing
automake1.5 and creating a symbolic link from /usr/local/bin/automake14
to /usr/local/bin/automake.

Alex

--
Alex Kiesel                                     PGP Key: 0x09F4FA11