Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 09:24:21 -0400
From:      Mohsin Rahman <mtech@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IDE & SCSI2 w/ 2.2.7

I've got my computer to dual boot into NT4 client and FreeBSD-2.2.7
Recently I had to change the FreeBSD drive to a SCSI2 drive. So now
I have NT4 on a 2GB IDE and FreeBSD on a SCSI. After the installation
of 2.2.7, I get an error message saying that it can't boot FreeBSD.
Is it becuase once you have an IDE, that it HAS TO BE the primary
boot disk? I've even tried sd(0,1) jobber on the boot: prompt, and
still nothing works. I've got the SCSI drive properly terminated and
with an ID of 0. Any thoughts about how I go around booting NT from
an IDE and FreeBSD from a SCSI2 drive?

Mohsin AbdulRahman
MTech@BuffNET.Net
Mohsin AbdulRahman