Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        holtor@yahoo.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.11.0

>Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
>Subject: sendmail 8.11.0
>To: stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

>Hi all - I have been waiting for the base sendmail in
>freebsd, now 8.9.3 to be updated to the latest one
>which is 8.11.0. Anyone have any appox. dates for
>this?
>If its still a distant project, how would we recommend
>upgrading sendmail? That is downloading the source and
>compiling, but FreeBSD has mailwrapper and all those
>utilities which I think I would break? Any help would
>be appreciated.

sendmail 8.11.0 builds & installs on FreeBSD just fine.

Sunday last, I upgraded the home laptop from 4.1-S that was about 4 days
old to -STABLE as of that day.  I had specified both "NO_MAILWRAPPER"
and "NO_SENDMAIL" as true.  It had been running a beta release of
sendmail 8.11; I installed 8.11.0.  Granted, as a laptop, it doesn't get
the same kind of use that a lot of other sendmail installations get, but
it works as expected.  (It doesn't even seem to totaly freak that it's
running on a DHCP client....)

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill		dhw@whistle.com		UNIX System Administrator
voice: 650/577-7158	TIE: 8/499-7158		FAX: 650/372-5915