Date:      Fri, 29 May 2015 11:59:08 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10/stable virtualbox-ose crashes

Hi Kevin,

On 05/29/15 10:38, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Russell L. Carter <rcarter@pinyon.org
> <mailto:rcarter@pinyon.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     kldload vboxsrv crashes recent 10/stables.  Last known working
>     kernel/module pair is from May 5th.
>
>     Not sure what is the optimal next step, suggestions welcome.
>

> Sounds like you have done this, but several reports have been made of

Where were these reports made?  Next time I'll look it up there first.

> this recently.  All were "fixed" by rebuilding virtualbox-ose-kmod.
> Always rebuild all kernel modules that are in ports when rebuilding the
> kernel, preferably by adding the appropriate PORTS_MODULES to /etc/src.conf.

I just perused "pkg info -D virtualbox-ose" and don't see a mention of
this, it might be a good idea to add the PORTS_MODULES bit to that
message.  Hmm, nvidia-driver-* doesn't have it either.

googling, I see:

"You can place a list in /etc/src.conf like this:

  PORTS_MODULES= emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod sysutils/fusefs-kmod
x11/nvidia-driver

  which will cause those modules to be built and installed with all the
  proper matching stuff at the same time as buildkernel and
  installkernel."

I maintain my packages with poudriere.  I build the world+kernel on
another system and install via NFS onto the poudriere package builder.
poudriere keeps its own world in a chroot, of course.  But it doesn't
build a kernel.  Which src.conf should the PORTS_MODULES be added to?

Thanks the help,
Russell