Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2014 19:33:26 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Thomas Hoffmann <trh411@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Call for Testers] VirtualBox 4.3.6

Am 03.01.2014 19:15 schrieb "Thomas Hoffmann" <trh411@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Bernhard Fr=F6hlich <decke@freebsd.org>
wrote:

>> Hi virtualbox users!
>>
>> Almost 10 weeks have passed since the last cft with 4.3.0 and we have
>> made a lot of improvements since then so here we are to see what they
>> are worth!
>>
>> I have already killed VirtualBox 4.1.x and prepared the tree for the
>> upcoming commit of 4.3 which will happen hopefully very soon. The
>> mess with FreeBSD 10.0 has also significantly improved and all relevant
>> patches were committed to the official portstree.
>> We have also pushed a lot of patches upstream already so the number
>> of ports patches for 4.3 has decreased a bit.
>>
>> This release would not have been possible without the awesome
>> feedback and help on emulation@ and all people that did send patches:
>> Mikhail Tsatsenko, Peter Jeremy, David Morgan, Mario Lobo, Jung-uk Kim,
>> Daniel Lorch, William Grzybowski, Volodymyr Kostyrko.
>>
>> If you are interested in helping with virtualbox maintenance and
>> development or have noticed a bug you can easily find us on IRC.
>>
>> Bernhard on behalf of the VirtualBox on FreeBSD Team!
>>
>> --
>> Bernhard Froehlich
>

> First time I've been in a position to respond to a CFT for virtualbox.
Got it installed on 10.0-RC4 and everything looks good so far. Is there
anything in particular you wanted us to test or should we just abuse it
mercilessly as we would under normal use?

No there are no specific usecases we are asking for right now. If you have
some known bugs it would be good to check if they still exist.

As usual with call for testers be carefull with your data and create
backups before use and don't put it in production.

> Also, I took the liberty of posting info on your CFT to the FreeBSD
forums. Thought that might get a few more folks involved in the testing
that would not have been otherwise. Hope that was okay.

Thanks, the more feedback the better!