Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 07:26:48 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: where have all the ports & sysinstall packages gone ??

Thanks Francisco

I've only been getting some of the smaller mailing lists lately because
questions generates hundreds of emails & we (Apana) mirrors the questions
one in a special (Apana members only) newsgroup.

I do check the postings periodically for items / threads of interest that
I've missed out on. The one from Matthew is one I hadn't got to yet so
thanks for mentioning it.

Is the main reason for CVS simply to "fix" bugs in the ports that have been
changed for some reason ?? If so, what happens with sysinstall packages on a
CD that people have downloaded / purchased / whatever  .... seems like those
must get just as "dated" as the ports, but I've rarely had a problem with
them .... mgetty is a memorable exception but I think the problems I had
with it were to do with the default makefile & inadequate information for
editing it in the source install.