Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2018 00:06:03 +0000
From:      "Scheffenegger, Richard" <Richard.Scheffenegger@netapp.com>
To:        "freebsd-transport@freebsd.org" <freebsd-transport@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RFC6675

For those inclined, I have a working patch for full RFC6675 support now (ne=
ed to validate pipe and behavior in various scenarios still):

a) enters Loss Recovery on either Nth dupack, or when more than (N-1)*MSS b=
ytes are sacked (the latter relevant for ack thinning)

b) a cumulative ack below snd_max, while snd_max =3D=3D recovery_point (app=
lication limited) no longer requires a lengthy RTO and slow start to recove=
r from. Instead, the Rescue Retransmission mechanism is implemented.

c) proper accounting for delivered_data and sacked_bytes in the single-pass=
 update of the scoreboard. These variables enable further mechanisms like P=
roportional Rate Reduction. Also, this fixes potential exploits by maliciou=
s clients, and support thin IoT clients that can store data to the right of=
 rcv_ack, but not keep state for a full RFC3517 compliant scoreboard.

I certainly need reviewers, if you are interested please let me know so tha=
t I can sign you in for it. Also, further testing would be required.

Best regards,
   Richard