Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:47:30 +0100
From:      Sticky Bit <stickybit@gmx.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>,  freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thank you for portmaster

Hello,

first let me thank you for developing such a nice tool! After so long
time using portupgrade I gave portmaster a chance to convince me in
daily usage. Now I am very happy with this decision and I begin to
really like portmaster.

One feature I would like to see implemented is a switch 'list only ports
that have available updates'. I want to know all affected ports in
summary before the builds so I am able to make decisions (i.e.
'portmaster -a' or just 'portmaster port', and think of the
'devel/gettext' update or other huge / long builds like gnome / gtk+ etc.).

I am aware of the '-L' switch and the possibility to grep such ports.
But this is a bit odd and not very likable. I want a similar output like
'portversion -vL=', i.e. port name along with old and new version
numbering but only for ports with a different version available than
installed (can also be an older version, think of a manually modified
ports tree).

Could you please add this small feature? Then I am actually able to do
without portupgrade and its other tools.

Thank you in advance!

--
Kind regards,
Sticky Bit

*** True standards compliant plain text emails preferred. ***