Date:      Sun, 04 Mar 2001 16:38:03 -0600
From:      Gan Starling <MisteraSturno@worldnet.att.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can you recommend...

Can you recommend a short list, by MAKE & MODEL of off-the-shelf
low-to-mid priced LAPTOP computers from any internet or
bricks-and-mortar source? Vendors like Gateway have contracts with
Microsoft and won't admit of anything Unix-ish.

I wish to first buy a supported laptop and then install FreeBSD on it.

I have the list of supported devices, but I don't trust the sales staff
of any store...for good and sufficient reason based upon sad past
experience.

Thanks much,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI