Date:      Mon, 03 Jun 2019 16:18:26 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd@dreamchaser.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-ports Digest, Vol 836, Issue 1

--nextPart2074735.3V7qYkmoPJ

On Monday, 3 June 2019 14:00:01 CEST freebsd-ports-request@freebsd.org wrote:
> From: Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
>
> I'm trying to port some linux code which uses cmake, and clearly don't
> know what I'm doing.
>
> I have
>    USES=  cmake
> set, but a
>    make build
> terminates with:
>    cd: /usr/ports/cad/prusa-slicer/work/.build: No such file or directory
>
> What am I missing?  I presume the .build directory should be automatically
> created by the build process.

Are you sure that the configure step is completing succesfully? You'd have to
take a look in WRKDIR (e.g. try WRKDIR=/tmp/bare make configure ) to see what
it's created exactly and where -- if anywhere -- the build-dir has ended up.

I know I've run into this same problem with cmake-based ports, but I don't
remember what I did to resolve it. Feel free to pop into #kde-freebsd on
Freenode IRC to bounce ideas off the FreeBSD devel/cmake maintainers.

[ade]