Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:14:05 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9 and Windows XP

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 13:51 +0100, Eduardo Morras wrote:
> As an addon to other answers, you can install VirtualBox, create a
> minimal hard disk with MBR boot menu that points to the WindowsXP
> partition. This way you don't need to restart in WinXP. The same can
> be done from WinXP side, a minimal hd with MBR boot menu to startup
> the FreeBSD.

This does work?

I've got XP as VBox's vdi and just a folder to share content with *nix.
It would be possible to install XP bootable without VBox to a ntfs
partition, to boot it directly and if wanted, to use it also as guest in
VBox?

I only use VBox to get applications for an iPad and to copy PDFs to an
iPad, since ad-hoc networks until now never worked for me, but I also
would like to test hardware sometimes, impossible with VBox, so
sometimes it would be nice to have a real Windows install.

If this should work, will it become impossible to use snapshots made by
VBox? Will there be no confusion regarding to different drivers for the
XP booted as VBox guest and booted directly?

Regards,
Ralf