Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2016 15:12:17 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Toby <misc.lists@fsck.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: Updating RPI2 from 11-CURRENT to RELENG_11

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 08:44:38PM +0200, Toby wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation. My buildworld is now done and I'll update
> the packages
> over the next few days.

When I worked through the soft-to-hardfloat transition (some months ago)
it seemed that softfloat libraries in /usr/local/lib were not recognized
as such, causing many port builds to fail at the linking stage. My simpleminded
fix was to figure out what generated each library and re-make that, but
the process got very tedious.

I wasn't brave enough to simply remove (or rename) /usr/local/lib, thinking
at each occurrence "This _has_ to be the last one!" but in the end a better
method would have been worth considerable effort.

hth,

bob prohaska