Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 16:22:30 -0700
From:      "Mark G.M. O'Lear" <Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: subnetting

> Dear,
>
> Net 192.168.32.0 is free available, look at the appropriate RFC's.

RFC 1597 also states that routers are not supposed to forward packets
coming from (or going to) these addresses.  My guess is that routed
just blindly forwards all addresses while gated is smart enough to know
that it is not supposed to forward these packets (this is only a
guess, I have never used gated).

Hope this helps,

Mark
Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU