Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 19:23:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        julian@TFS.COM (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        rkw@dataplex.net, smmcgee@ncbc.edu, questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SATAN ported??

I'm going to have a go at porting perl5 tonight - I'll let everyone know
how it goes.

One thing bothers me.  I can run SATAN locally to test my own network,
but I have no capability to run it remotely.  The only other network
that I have sufficient access to is not very well connected (all access
to the Internet is via a 9600bps SLIP link on a proxy gateway - the
gateway doesn't have the resources to run it, and it'd be painfully slow
besides).  I don't know how effective this tool will be running "on the
inside".  The only other options I have for running it personally are on
systems with sysadmins that I do not fully trust.

I'd like to enlist the help of someone to probe my site - but for
obvious reasons, it must be someone trustworthy.

What's a sysadmin to do? :)