Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 1999 15:13:33 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH patches

I, for one, would like to see this bundled with the default
distribution and I think our existing degree of crypto separation is
enough to take care of the legal issues, not that anyone really knows
what those are anymore since the latest round of Clinton
administration statements.

In today's environment, ssh is far more useful than telnet or rlogin,
yet we bundle both.  It would be nice to have a system come up for the
first time already capable of being logged into remotely in a secure
fashion - it would save me, for one, a lot of extra hassle in
installing new machines since getting ssh on there is a necessary
component to being able to leave a drafty machine room and continue
the installation and configuration from a more comfortable place.

- Jordan