Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:21:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Joan Cirer" <joan@ev0.net>
To:        <bv@wjv.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Maximum recommended user limits on mail server

Hi!

> Any pointers to references or a quick summary of your server
> for systems which match the above would be appreciated.

I like a lot the setup described here: http://www.probsd.net/vmail/
Postfix + Courier Imap + Mysql + PHP administration tool that allows
domain delegation. I've this setup running in a small (very small for you=
requirements) site with 10 domains for three weeks with no problem.

On Debian-ISP mailinglist there are people with +500k users on Debian
systems using Postfix and a LDAP backend (I think the Imap server is
Courier but I'm not sure).

Regards