Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:50:05 GMT
From:      Kai Wang <kaiwang27@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/125941: not working wheel on my microsoft notebook optical mouse 3000

The following reply was made to PR usb/125941; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kai Wang <kaiwang27@gmail.com>
To: Grzegorz Blach <magik@back-up.pl>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/125941: not working wheel on my microsoft notebook optical
	mouse 3000
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:42:24 +0200

 On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 06:17:44PM +0200, Grzegorz Blach wrote:

 > > > Again, the same message as above:
 > > >
 > > > ums0: <Microsoft Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel,
 > > > class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.20, addr 2> on uhub0
 > > > ums0: mouse has no Y report
 > > > device_attach: ums0 attach returned 6
 > >
 > > Strange.. This should not happen. Did you revert previous hid.c
 > > patch before applying this one?
 >
 > OK, I have updated source from cvs, then appiled hid.diff and rebuild
 > kernel, when kernel boot I see:
 >
 >   ums0: <Microsoft Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel,
 >   class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.20, addr 2> on uhub0 wheel=1
 >   sc->flags=0x0001
 >   ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.
 >   sc->sc_loc_z.size=8

 Great! Thank you again for testing all these stuff.

 > Wheel is working correctly, but I don't have info about TILT dir (but
 > I never used this direction).

 It was wrong that ums(4) reported the mouse has "a TILT dir" before. The
 TWHEEL(0x48) usage inside the report desc of this mouse is a FEATURE item,
 while the Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse 2.0 quirk (the hid_locate call
 around line 334) tries to find a TWHEEL usage with a INPUT item, because
 of the hid parser bug, it will mistakenly find the next INPUT item,
 (which is the WHEEL input item) and report the "TILT dir".