Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:46:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        David Wiard <dave@srn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xserver

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, David Wiard wrote:

> I recently installed FreeBSD and found the chipset for my video card
> (Cirrus Logic GD5465) is supported in the SVGA server.  Is this chipset
> supported in any other Xserver; 256 colors is a little low for my tastes,
> but at least it works.

I'm not sure whether my reply actually applies to your problem - but how
did you start the X Server? Did you try e.g.

startx -- -bpp 16

for 64K colors? If you use xdm the corresponding line in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers would be:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -bpp 16

Regards

Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche
   Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.o=
rg