Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:57:39 +0300
From:      Nikolay Pavlov <quetzal@zone3000.net>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, mpd-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:   Re: Mpd-4.2 released.

On Wednesday, 27 June 2007 at  2:25:22 +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
> Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
> >This is probably a new feature request, but is this possible to create
> >some kind of VirtualTemplate interface like it is in Cisco access
> >routers. Currently i have to configure bunch of different ng interfaces
> >for every kind user. However on my Cisco 7206VXR i can bundle physical
> >link together with VirtaulTemplate interface in one vpdn-group config
> >like this:
> >And all the ppp interfaces for all users will use this configuration
> >as a template.
>
> Yes, I am thinking about that. That is not trivial change. It will require changing all internal model from static to the dynamic one. But that change also should give many other
> bonuses so I would like to try.
>
> One of problems is more or less new config file syntax required. I have very limited cisco experience, so it is difficult for me to adopt their model to mpd, but I would not like
> to reinvent a wheel. I will be grateful for any ideas/examples of how do you see that.
>
> --
> Alexander Motin

I think you can get a basic idea from this manual:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/vpdn-without-aaa.html
It's a LAC-LNS scenario.

Another examples could be found here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk703/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

Also i forgot to mension it would be cool to see STAC compression support in
future versions. Here in Ukraine we have at least one big telco that
support it - people.net.ua

- Best regards, Nikolay Pavlov. <<<-----------------------------------