Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:56:41 +0200
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tommy Eriksen <te@webpartner.dk>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org, phk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FW: New FreeBSD FTP-mirror

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 12:30:37PM +0200, Tommy Eriksen wrote:

> > Denmark allready has 3 tier 1 mirrors
> >
> >ftp.FreeBSD.org
> >ftp.dk.FreeBSD.org
> >ftp2.dk.FreeBSD.org
>
> It would seem that ftp.dk.freebsd.org and ftp2.dk.freebsd.org are in
> fact the same machine (boulder.tele.dk) and that the 2 (3?) servers are
> hosted at the same ISP (TDC) which is why we wanted to provide a mirror
> at another ISP.

ftp2 used to be a DKUUG, phk, do you know if it's down for a shorter
time, or permanently ?

At a different ISP could be usefull, but again, Denmark is fairly
well connected between ISP's, but it's your call.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)