Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:03:08 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Rick Knebel" <rknebel@uplink.net>
Subject:   Re: natd and kernelppp

> i figured out my problem but now have another.
> I start ppp by putting pppd in my rc.local on bootup.
> The problem I was having was that by activating natd and the firewall from
> the rc.conf, it was trying to run before ppp was connected.
>
> Is there anyway i can get natd and my firewall script to run after my
> ppp is connected.

Add ppp0 to the list of interfaces in /etc/rc.conf (network_interfaces).
Create /etc/start_if.ppp0 containing whatever commands you execute to start
pppd.

rc.network will initialize the ppp0 interface by calling /etc/start_if.ppp0,
which will start pppd *before* natd and ipfw are executed.

--
Matt Emmerton