| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
######

I'm not real sure what is wrong with this...... one thing I am having
trouble understanding is the address supplied by the ISP and the routing.

PRIDNS[6]  203.52.66.15
SECDNS[6]  203.52.66.16

ok, this is correct and it gets written to resolv.conf

root gateway ~ # cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 203.52.66.15
nameserver 203.52.66.16

myaddr 203.52.67.130 hisaddr = 203.52.67.5
ok, 203.52.67.130 is the dynamic IP from my ISP, I understand that
203.52.67.5 ...... that is the IP of the ISP's NAS....... I guess I really
expected it to be the the IP of their gateway ?????
anyway, watching the modem TX/RX indicators shows that I am transmitting,
but nothing comes back.......

I will eventualy be using NAT via the -nat option in ppp, will this allow me
to use ICQ on more than one box in my network simultaneously, or will I need
to run a socks5 server to achieve that ???? (any other suggestions ????)

Sorry for the long message, but I guess all the detail is better than none
:-)
Looking forward to resolving this,
Thanks in advance
Craig