Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2008 00:45:48 +0200
From:      "Konrad Jankowski" <lichave@gmail.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please welcome our Summer of Code Students

Greetings to all in the FreeBSD community!
My long-time dream of joining has come!

As for the introduction:
I am a 3'rd year Informatics student at Gdansk University of
Technology. My interests are low level (kernel, library) coding.
(surprise!) I have some bigger projects on my account:
1. DOORS operating system (http://netg.pl/~doors/) and
2. DOORS C compiler (http://netg.pl/~doors/dcc/)
One of my biggest concerns was always creating software that works
everywhere and as expected. By that I mean: standardized interfaces,
clean code and no dependence on exotic libraries. My another related
concern is: documented and standardized hardware (things like 3D
driver portability). I think in future I will try to contribute to
FreeBSD in this area by porting more DRM drivers.
Another thing, this time more FreeBSD related: we have some basic
subsystems that not always behave as expected. I means USB for
example. I will be happy in the future to help test and integrate
patches.

I am also a system administrator at Blue Media
(http://www.bluemedia.pl/), my work was the reason I started working
on collation. Nearly all of our systems work on FreeBSD, and now we
are moving the database systems to it.
In this project I will be working on collation in UTF-8 locales, more
info soon on my wiki.

I want to say one important thing: four years ago, when I began my
journey with FreeBSD, I started to analyze the source, and I was
amazed by the cleanliness and discipline found there. That's when I
begun to refactor my coding style to resonate with that. Now I thing I
have got much of this cleanliness and discipline myself, and I am very
proud of it. That makes me even more happy I can contribute back!

Thank you,
Konrad Jankowski