Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:13:00 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        yo _ <exhausted01@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP: Operation Timed Out

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 12:32:55PM -0400, yo _ wrote:

[...]
> At home i tried connecting to these servers via telnet on port 25 as well,
> and it worked with ease. Then immediatly I ssh'ed to our remote mail server
> and telnet'ed to these "operation timed out" mail servers on port 25 and
> still same thing. Now this shocked me, how could i be easily connecting to
> the mail servers from home, and from the location of our mail server, not
> be able to.

The big question is whether you've got firewall rules in place that
could be blocking traffic. The rules could possibly be on your end or
the receiving side. If the maillogs do not indicate a connection on
the receivers, this could very likely be the problem.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
                                         "Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck" - Curly