Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:08:51 -0700
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        matt@gsicomp.on.ca, "" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSD with two NIC's

On 03/15/2001 3:54:08 PM, "Matthew Emmerton" is quoted as saying:

. . . .|> Are you suggesting that I try to connect the pc on the Internet Lan to
the
. . . .|> the BSD laptop using a modem connection? Cause they both have
Modems...
. . . .|> But i wonder what it would take to setup my modem on BSD?
. . . .|> and is it possible to have such a direct connection between two normal
. . . .|dialup modems??
. . . .|
. . . .|Yep, it's perfectly fine -- provided that both computers are going through
. . . .|the phone network to connect to each other.  (You can't hook modem A to
. . . .|modem B with a standard RJ11 patch cable, nor with a crossed RJ11 patch
. . . .|cable.)

	Why not I remember playing games in the dos world by doing a null
modem connection back when NIC's were too expensive for me.  Basically
just two computers sitting next to each other, and dialing each other up.

. . . .|
. . . .|Matt Emmerton

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org