Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 02:51:27 -0700
From:      "Alec Wolman" <wolman@miles.cs.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1-RELEASE sysinstall problem on xp1000

I'm trying to install 4.1-RELEASE on an XP1000, and the machine has
3 SCSI disks attached to it.  I want to install FreeBSD on disk 0, but
only "da1" and "da2" show up in the menu when I choose
"Label disk partitions".  Before booting, from the console the "show device"
command shows all three disks properly.  When I boot an older
4.0 kernel on the same hardware, da0 is sensed properly so I don't
think there is a hardware problem.  Can anyone help me track this
problem down?  Is it possible from the emergency shell to see what
the kernel boot messages were?   Is there a "debug" mode for sysinstall
that could help me track down the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Alec