Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2013 08:24:27 +0100
From:      CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
Subject:   FreeBSD and IEEE 802.15.4 / ZigBee / XBee / 6LoWPAN

Hello :-)

I am about to design a device that will use IEEE 802.15.4. I am
considering use of ZigBee or XBee...

Does FreeBSD support these protocols/devices/networks?

Do you have experience in these protocols? Which one would be better
to use? Both ZigBee and XBee seems to be closed and exclusive, however
ZigBee seems to be a "better standard" while XBee seems to be a
standard for itself, so it seems ZigBee would have wider coverage of
available devices? Am I correct?

Is 6LoWPAN supported by FreeBSD? As I understand 6LoWPAN use IEEE
802.15.4 for transport so it has not much to do with ZigBee/XBee..?

Any hints appreciated :-)

Tomek