Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:18:14 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1048789095.36856d@mired.org>
To:        Joshua Oreman <oremanj@webserver.get-linux.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD fdisk

In <20030322173954.GA92434@webserver.get-linux.org>, Joshua Oreman <oremanj@webserver.get-linux.org> typed:
> Hello -questions,
> I did a quick port of OpenBSD's fdisk program to FreeBSD. It works pretty well
> and allows one to edit extended partition tables with a much more sophisticated
> interface than the standard fdisk. It's actually kind of like linux fdisk in its
> functionality. This could be useful as a part of the base system (or as a port),
> so dual-booters could edit extended partitions without having to reboot into
> their other system.
>
> Should I send this as a PR? Insights? Questions? Suggestions?

I think it's a good idea. I'd say package it as a PR. Unless there's a
tarball with just it - or just it and a bit more - bundling it up as a
port is probably not worth the trouble. You might try contacting one
of the people who have committed to fdisk recently to see if they are
interested in importing the OpenBSD version.

	<mike