Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:47:29 -0700
From:      "Robert L Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        "Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>
Cc:        Flemming Froekjaer <flemming@froekjaer.org>, owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No rdump on stable?

Don't know.
 the last item mentioned in the PR is a note to Warner to commit some=20
stuff from OpenBSD.  Have a look.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D15830

"Antoine Beaupre (LMC)" <Antoine.Beaupre@ericsson.ca>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
06/19/2001 06:55 AM

=20
        To:     Flemming Froekjaer <flemming@froekjaer.org>
        cc:     stable@FreeBSD.ORG

I might be way off here, but I think dump might use ssh(1) instead of=20
rsh(1) by default now.

Or is it?

A.

Flemming Froekjaer wrote:

> I need some advise on how to do remore dumps.
> rdump -0af flemming@tapebox:/dev/nsa0
> It used to work, but then i upgraded to 4.3 Stable (It worked on 4.3
> release)
> Now I get this:
>=20
>  rdump -0af flemming@tapeserver:/dev/nsa0 /
>   DUMP: Login incorrect.
>   DUMP: login to tapeserver as flemming failed.
>=20
> replacing the username with root gives same resoult.
> I'm doing this as root.
>=20
> If I do:
> rsh -l flemming tapeserver
> It prompts me for a password, and let me in.
>=20
> In the /etc/hosts.equiv i have listed the server I'm trying to backup.
>=20
> What am I doing wrong? Is there another way to acomplish this?
>=20
> \Flemming
>=20
>=20